- As low as $1,350/Week
- Oak Island
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
About the Location
- Ocean View
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property
To make a reservation or request additional information, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Cute, cute, cute….Freshly modernized ‘top to bottom’, this bungalow is ideal for your family’s beach holiday. Sleeps 6, open & airy, vaulted ceilings, 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths plus an outdoor shower room. Includes ALL NEW kitchen & bathes, granite counters, an abundance of cabinetry, COMFY BEDS, and chock-full of amenities.
Outside; Relish grilling & picnic table, plus the big yard is ideal for outdoor playtime (bring your badminton, volleyball, corn toss, etc). Ground level shower room is so exhilarating after a day at the beach (and keeps the salt & sand outdoor!)
Oak Island is a family amiable destination where families return each year to appreciate the handsome beaches on the sandy shore of the Atlantic. Plenty of tasty casual & oceanside dining close by.
Venture beyond the beach to Southport waterfront (10min), historic Wilmington (30min), or Myrtle Beach (45min). Or take a brief ferry ride to North Carolina Aquarium, Fort Fisher & Civil War Museum, & Bald Head Island.
Unwind and relish the sights, sounds and rhythm of the sea – your family memories begin here!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and rental properties provide Cape Fear area area printed travel catalogs which include coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the merchant itself. Search for these books and coupon books, since this allows vacationers to experience the same terrific activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Willing to alter your travel week? Shoulder seasons feature incredible promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of vacation rental companies provide discounted prices to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of guests. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. You'll receive the most value from a home that most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed due to personal health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Advice
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short term properties available in the Cape Fear area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in Cape Fear area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
Here are some tips and tricks to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
How to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "Family Time!!! 2nd Street from Beach Home - Newly Renovated & So Cute - Sleeps 6" is the perfect rental home for your next getaway? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Cape Fear area rental properties start booking very early. To assure the most desirable choice of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Cape Fear area getaway 6-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Choose a Town and Time
Consensus can be tough among members of the family, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you should have. Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
Make certain "Family Time!!! 2nd Street from Beach Home - Newly Renovated & So Cute - Sleeps 6" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a costly rental property. Most rental documents require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Special Issues to consider
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of property postings include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your furrry friends. While many rental homes permit animal friends, rules and charges vary per rental. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
As soon as the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Cape Fear area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of similar homes that suit your desires and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the entire contract and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find damages, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager without delay. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Many times, adjacent properties are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little. Regardless of whether you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation home really should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks brimming with pots and pans, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be dealt with before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most rental home management companies and rental websites permit customers to give feedback. If your property and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Does everybody want to go back? Ideally everything ended up being exceptional and you are excited to re-book the same rental for next year. If not, you have acquired useful experience to aid with the next search.
- Pepperoni Grill - 0.4 miles
- Bar-B-Que House - 0.7 miles
- Russellâ€™s Place Restaurant - 1.1 miles
- Oak Island Subs and Salads - 1.1 miles
- Beanaâ€™s Kitchen - 1.1 miles
- Tommy Thompsonâ€™s Grille - 1.2 miles
- The Pirates Deck - 1.2 miles
- Little Bitâ€™s Grill - 1.2 miles
- Environmental Overlook Trail - 0.5 miles
- Mr. Beach Rentals - 0.5 miles
- Privateer Charters - 0.8 miles
- Anomaly Charters - 0.9 miles
- Long Beach Paddle Company - 1.0 miles
- Oak Island Recreation Walkway and Nature Center - 1.1 miles
- Jungle Golf - 1.4 miles
- Ocean Crest Pier - 1.8 miles