- Oak Island
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTo make a reservation or request additional information, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Cute, cute, cute….Freshly modernized ‘top to bottom’, this bungalow is ideal for your family’s beach holiday. Sleeps 6, open & airy, vaulted ceilings, 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths plus an outdoor shower room. Includes ALL NEW kitchen & bathes, granite counters, an abundance of cabinetry, COMFY BEDS, and chock-full of comforts.
Outside; Savor grilling & picnic table, plus the big yard is ideal for outdoor playtime (bring your badminton, volleyball, corn toss, etc). Ground level shower room is so exhilarating after a day at the beach (and keeps the salt & sand outdoor!)
Oak Island is a family helpful destination where families return each year to relish the handsome beaches on the sandy shore of the Atlantic. Plenty of tasty casual & oceanside dining close by.
Venture beyond the beach to Southport waterfront (10min), historic Wilmington (30min), or Myrtle Beach (45min). Or take a brief ferry ride to North Carolina Aquarium, Fort Fisher & Civil War Museum, & Bald Head Island.
Unwind and appreciate the sights, sounds and rhythm of the sea – your family memories begin here!
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you travel guide books with savings for rental home management companies, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Willing to modify your trip week? Off-peak times provide substantive savings.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat visitors of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly getting excited about ? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most excited about.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Cape Fear area area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to discover a rental home that suits their desires and price range.
The majority of rentals in Cape Fear area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Cape Fear area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most novices will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Family Time!!! 2nd Street from Beach Home - Newly Renovated & So Cute - Sleeps 6" is the perfect rental for your next visit? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable hot spots, In Cape Fear area the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the very best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Cape Fear area rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure "Family Time!!! 2nd Street from Beach Home - Newly Renovated & So Cute - Sleeps 6" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are bed sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Oftentimes the elder generation has challenges with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
When the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Cape Fear area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
When you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also advise promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any critical fixes.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many rental management companies and rental websites allow travellers to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but honest about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their vacation? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Pepperoni Grill - 0.4 miles
- Bar-B-Que House - 0.7 miles
- Russellâ€™s Place Restaurant - 1.1 miles
- Oak Island Subs and Salads - 1.1 miles
- Beanaâ€™s Kitchen - 1.1 miles
- Tommy Thompsonâ€™s Grille - 1.2 miles
- The Pirates Deck - 1.2 miles
- Little Bitâ€™s Grill - 1.2 miles
- Environmental Overlook Trail - 0.5 miles
- Privateer Charters - 0.8 miles
- Anomaly Charters - 0.9 miles
- Long Beach Paddle Company - 1.0 miles
- Oak Island Recreation Walkway and Nature Center - 1.1 miles
- Jungle Golf - 1.4 miles
- Impulsive Charters - 1.5 miles
- Ocean Crest Pier - 1.8 miles